Sancon is looking for the individual who meets the following requirements and descriptions:
An Instrumentation /Control Technician repairs, maintains, calibrates, adjusts and installs industrial measuring and controlling instrumentation. Ensure the correct operation of equipment to ensure that all equipment and process function as designed. The individual will be responsible to follow clearly defined processes and procedures to test and trouble shoot equipment.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The ideal candidate will possess the following essential skills and qualifications:
- 5 years industrial oil and gas experience; technical training with a science background or equivalent is preferred; good working knowledge of equipment, materials, techniques, and safeguards in respective discipline for maintenance and construction of a continuous process, basic knowledge of fluid dynamics and process control.
- Ability to read and understand instrument and electrical drawings; a high mechanical aptitude and the ability to comprehend and apply information in technical service manuals; excellent verbal and written communication skills; Good computer skills.
- Must speak, read and write in English
- Have a valid drivers license for Canada
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada without further certifications or authorizations
-Inter-provincial Trade Certification (Instrumentation)
-Certified Technologist (Instrumentation)
Related Skills, Interests and Values
- Consulting manuals, reading and interpreting circuit diagrams, blueprints and schematics
- Inspecting and Testing the operation of instruments and systems to diagnose faults using testing devices
- Writing maintenance reports
- Repairing and adjusting system components or removing and replacing defective parts
- Calibrating components and instruments
- Performing scheduled preventative maintenance work
- Observing safety in accordance with government and company standards.
All applications will be reviewed, only the successful ones will be contacted. All others will be kept on file for future considerations.