Sancon requires the services of a proficient Millwright/Mechanical Commissioning Technician. We offers aggressive compensation and an optional benefits package. The applicant must be willing to work a rotational shift and will be provided transport and accommodation’s while under contract.
- Technical Diploma or Degree from recognized Technical Institution (attach certificate with application).
- Interprovincial Industrial Mechanic or Millwright Journeyman Certificate (Red Seal).
- Minimum 3 Years’ experience in Mechanical industrial testing or Millwright/Mechanical Industrial maintenance and or related commissioning experience.
- Read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures. Dismantle machinery or equipment, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools.
- Moves machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
- Assembles and installs equipment, such as shafting, conveyors, and tram rails, using hand tools and power tools.
- Constructs foundation for machines, using hand tools and building materials, such as wood cement, and steel.
- Aligns machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, lasers, and plumb bobs.
- Assembles machinery and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools.
- May operate engine lathe or milling machine to grind, file, and turn machine parts to dimensional specifications.
- Required repair and lubricate machinery and equipment.
- Selects cables, ropes, chains, pulleys, winches, blocks, and sheaves, according to weight and size of load to be moved.
- Attaches load with grappling devices, such as loops, wires, ropes, and chains, to crane hook.
- Sets up, braces, and rigs hoisting equipments, using hand tools and power wrenches.
- May direct workers engaged in hoisting of machinery and equipment.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Look at flat drawings or pictures and visualize how they would look as solid objects.
- Work at heights without fear.
- Use logical step-by-step procedures in work.
- Plan work and solve problems.
- Make decisions based on measurable information.
- Perform a variety of duties which may change often; and operate machinery.
Must be capable of;
- Coordinate eye-hand movements;
- Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate, and feel objects; stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl;
- Climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or high structures; and see and hear well (either naturally or with correction);
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Stoop, lay, bend or squat for long periods of time.
All applications will be reviewed, only the successful ones will be contacted. All others will be kept on file for for future considerations.