Looking for a Process Operator/engineering professional to perform the duties involved with the safe commissioning and start up of equipment and plant operating systems. The role is also a primary interface with the operations department and the construction group to ensure a smooth and efficient turn over of a project, there is also everyday plant operations to monitor and improve on.Abilities needed:
Must have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with people in various functional areas. The primary duties required by this role include:
- Ability to perform commissioning and start up duties in accordance with the company's policies and procedures to maintain a safe work environment.
- Strong understanding of Permit to Work Systems.
- Commissioning and operations support and assistance.
- Issue safe work permits and gas testing as required.
- Ability to perform Mechanical Isolation of Process equipment ensuring zero stored energy and equipment is safe for maintenance activities.
- Commission and start up of equipment and plant operating systems.
- Develop, write and update procedures, lockout sheets and reading sheets. Procedures include commissioning, start up, shut down and standard operating procedures.
Independently make decisions regarding the quality and completeness of the project. Self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Carry out assigned work in an effective and timely manner.
- Demonstrated strong written and effective verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills and data management skills.
- Read and understand P&ID's.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of plant and process systems.
- Strong plant operating ability.
- SAGD experience needed.
- Well Pad experience, and LOTO. an asset
- Attention to detail and organization
- Ability to work in both an office environment and field environments.
- Valid drivers license in Canada, with good standing.
- Must be eligible to work outside of Canada
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada without further certifications or authorizations
- Must speak, read and write in English
- Willing to travel for work (FIFO)
- Oil & gas or related industry experience.
- 5 to 10 years of plant operating experience.
- Control room operating experience with distributed control systems.(DCS)
- Prior commissioning and start up experience would be an asset.
- Fourth, Third or Second Class Power Engineering Certificate would be an asset
All applications will be reviewed only the successful ones will be contacted. All others will be kept on file for a period of 1 year for future considerations.